020 8755 4855
Springwest Academy, Sports Hall Building, Browells Lane, Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7EF
NVQ & VTCT COURSES
FEES AT SPECIAL RATES
We are a well established school, having opened in 2008. We are dedicated to providing high quality training in intensive fast track short courses on a 1-2-1 basis, and in small group sizes, ensuring individual attention within relaxed professional surroundings to meet all your needs.
We offer a wide range of training including beauty, holistic, nails and massage courses. The School carries out courses from Feltham Community College in Middlesex, and all the training staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. All of our courses are designed to be learner centred, fun and innovative and guarantee you an exceptionally high standard of training by fully qualified tutors, so whichever course you choose you can do so in complete confidence that it will be delivered by highly professional staff in small class sizes, in surroundings that are conducive to learning.
We are friendly, offering a supportive learning environment, with the opportunity to obtain recognised qualifications, fully accredited by The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and The Guild of Professional Holistic Therapists, as well as Assocated Beauty Therapists and Professional Beauty Direct.
Upon successful completion of any of our courses, you will be awarded the West London School of Beauty Diploma. This will enable you to join one of the recognised professional bodies to whom we are accredited - such as The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists, BABTAC, ABT or Professional Beauty Direct. This membership will provide you with insurance, as well as newsletters, advertising and entry to trade shows.
Is the West London School of Beauty Diploma all I need, or will I need a NVQ or equivalent?
If you are looking to work as a mobile therapist or become self employed, you will require a West London School of Beauty Diploma. This will enable you to obtain public liability insurance so you can work on the paying public. You can gain insurance through Associated Beauty Therapists, Professional Beauty Direct, The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and BABTAC.
The West London School of Beauty Diploma is ideal for:
- Complete beginners with no previous experience
- Those who wish to fast-track into the beauty/ massage/ nails industry
- Existing therapists wishing to update their skills
- Qualified therapists requiring CPD points
It will enable you to:
- Start a business working as a mobile therapist
- Start a business working from a home based salon
The NVQ or VTCT qualification is recommended for:
- Those who wish to work in a salon, spa or cruise ship - minimum requirements are NVQ Levels 2 or 3 or VTCT Level 2 or 3.
- Those who wish to open their own high street premises.
- These externally accredited qualifications increase your chances of gaining employment. NVQ and VTCT qualifications are recognised by the employer as confirming that you are able to perform treatments competently and within a commercially acceptable time.
- In many areas the West London School of Beauty Diploma will enable you to open your own beauty salon. BUT, in cities, particularly London, your local council may require you to hold an NVQ/VTCT qualification in order to issue you with a Special Treatments Licence.
The Level 2 qualification is similar to a GCSE at A*-C, Key Skills 2, GNVQ Intermediate and Functional Skills 2. The Level 3 qualification is similar to an A Level, GNVQ or Key Skills 3.
Why train with us?
With a maximum of 4 students (and usually 1-2-1 classes as our speciality), you can be sure of plenty of individual help and attention, and because we do not have any minimum numbers, you can also relax in the knowledge that your course will go ahead, even if you are the only student. Also, there are no sales pitches, such as poor quality kits and product sales, just top quality teaching in a friendly and relaxed environment.
The courses we offer range from beginners and refreshers through to advanced courses, and age ranges from young to mature students.
We recognise that after care is a vital part of training and the School will offer a full follow up service on completion of your course. That is, if there is anything you are unclear about or need further help with, we are happy to speak to you and clear up any issues you may have. As part of this aftercare the School offers you a comprehensive reference manual covering all aspects of the material learned during your course.
The West London School of Beauty embraces the principles of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and all of our courses are structured to offer CPD points to students. This will assist you to identify the skills and knowledge needed to further enhance your future career.
We look forward to welcoming you to the West London School of Beauty and to what we know will be your first steps towards an exciting and profitable career in the Beauty and Holistic Industry.